Summary： QuickTime Player in OS X Lion or later can play back MPEG-2 media without additional software.
It works with most non-encrypted MPEG-2 file formats containing MPEG layer I or II audio, including .mpg, .mpeg, .m2v, .m2a, and .m2s files. If the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component is already installed when you upgrade to OS X Lion or alter, the component remains available for use by older QuickTime 7-based applications.
Although QuickTime can play MPEG-2 video, it has limitation as we seen. The MPEG-2 video from DVD is usually encrypted and QuickTime 7.6 or later users need to purchase and install Apple's QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component to play MPEG-2. However sometimes you still can't play MPEG-2 files even if you have installed Apple's QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component. For Apple's QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component can only support MPEG-2 files with the extensions of .mpg, .mpeg, .vob, .vro, .m2v, .m2a, and .m2s for some non-encrypted program streams. Apple's QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component can't play MPEG-2 files encoded as transport streams in digital TVs, MPEG-2 files encoded as program streams on some encrypted DVDs or MPEG-2 files with PCM, DTS, or AC3 audio.
In order to solve Apple's QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component 'can not issues' and play all MPEG-2 files on QuickTime, we had better convert MPEG-2 to one QuickTime most compatible video format, like MOV, by the assistance of an MPEG-2 to QuickTime Converter -Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac.
|Functions of Best MPEG-2 to QuickTime Converter |
This professional MPEG-2 to QuickTime converter, can easily convert MPEG-2 to QuickTime compatible MOV format without any loss of quality. In addition, the ideal MPEG-2 to MOV converter can also convert MPEG-2 to any other video format like WMV, AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, then just enjoy MPEG-2 in QuickTime, iTunes, iPod, iPhone, Front Row, iPad, Microsoft Media Player, BlackBerry, Android Phone, YouTube and more.
Besides MPEG-2, this video converter also can convert MKV to QuickTime, AVI to QuickTime, H.265 to QuickTime, ISO to QuickTime, WMV to QuickTime, etc.
How to Convert MPEG-2 video to QuickTime?
Step 1: Add MPEG-2 video
Click "File" button to add your MPEG-2 content which you want to play in QuickTime. Or simply drag and drop MPEG-2 content to Pavtube QuickTime Converter-the professional MPEG-2 to QuickTime Converter.
Step 2: Choose output format
Select and custom output format. Click “Common Video” > “MOV – QuickTime (*.MOV)” to get the optimized output file for AVI to QuickTime conversion on Mac El Capitan.
Tip: You can also check the “Settings” box, and set video codec, video size, Bitrate, frame rate to get a decent video you want on your QuickTime player.
Step 3. Start to convert MPEG-2 to MOV on Mac
Hit the “Convert” button and let this smart Mac MPEG-2 to MOV Video Converter do the rest for you! This video converter was specifically designed for Mac OS users. It performs greatly on iMac, Mac Pro, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air either with Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, Mac OS X Lion or Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
More about MPEG-2
Compared with MPEG-4, MPEG-2can transmit high-quality videos due to which MPEG-2 standard is adopted by DVD, Blu-ray, AVCHD, HDV, etc and many digital TVs, like NTSC, HDTV, etc.
Install QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component
Install QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component, then you can successfully import and play MPEG-2 in QuickTime or QuickTime Pro, including both multiplexed (also known as muxed, where the audio and video tracks are interleaved together into one track) and non-multiplexed (also known as elementary) streams.
- This solution needs you pay $19.99. And the official site where you can buy QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component is that: For Mac Version, For Windows Version.
- The QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component is only compatible with QuickTime 6 and 7, and it will work with or without QuickTime Pro.
- You cannot perform editing functions such as Cut, Copy, Paste, Add, and Add Scaled with MPEG-2 media using QuickTime Player or QuickTime Pro even if you have installed QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component.
- It is not possible to export the audio portion of a muxed MPEG-2 audio/video stream using QuickTime even if you have installed QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component.
- Top 5 Blu-ray Ripping For Mac
- How to Copy DVD to Dropbox
- Watch 3D Blu-ray Films on Cardboard
- How to Watch 3D Novies On Gear VR
- Rip DVD to Galaxy S6 in Gear VR Innovator Edition
- Convert 3D BD to Gear VR
- Import Samsung NX500 4K H.265 in FCP
- Rip 3D Blu-ray to Apple TV 4
- Play Sony Handycam 3D MTS on 3D TV
- Rip DVD to Onedrive Dropbox Google Drive
- Play Sony 3D MTS With SBS On 3D LG TV