I am primarily a musician and audio engineer, the video editing side of things is mostly just a hobby and for fun. I have a Panasonic camera borrowed from one of my friends. I think it records in 50i (50 interlaced fields) format in full HD, which has to be converted to progressive (25p). As we are doing music videos of our band, now we will probably just put the videos up onto youtube to promote our CD. I use hitfilm 2 ultimate to edit primarily. The goal of editing is just to make something interesting to render. As Panasonic videos isn’t well supppoted by compatible format by many editers, I think only by converting can I avoid video playback, editing and importing problems.I previously used a freeware program but I recently discovered it had adware or spyware so I needed something better.
Then it was told to me on the hitfilm forums by one of the main staff of hitfilm. And viewing the posts of someone on a forum who’s opinion I highly value, I was highly recommend to use a decent Panasonic Video Converter – Pavtube Video Converter, to help me get it done.I like the ability to convert to most formats – especially from camcorder/camera formats and to the editing codecs like avid’s ones. Plus the price of pavtube is very good and fair.
Surprising, we find the program is 20% off at Pavtube Christmas Best Seller.
Convert Panasonic 50i videos to 25p for editing and sharing on Youtube
1. Install Panasonic Video Converter. Run it and transfer Panasonic video to hard drive, and then click “Add Video” or “Add from folder” to add the Panasonic video clips you need into the program.
2. Select output format for video editing software.
Click “Format” menu you will find various video formats listed by different devices. Just choose a compatible video format for your editing software. Choosing the editing software option directly will help you to take less time to find a more preferable video format.
For sharing on website like Youtube, you can choose MP4 format for output.
3: Click settings button to adjust the output video’s parameters, such as bitrate, resolution, etc.
For instance, if you want to convert Panasonic records in 50i format to 25p, set Frame Rate to 25.
4. Click “Edit” button and you are allowed to trim, crop, add text/image/video watermark or some effect to your output video for making it perfect.
a. You can switch to “Crop” tab. Choose Advanced mode, lock the “Keep Ratio” and you can free change aspect ratio.
b. You can deinterlace your 50i video to 50p by check the “Deinterlacing” option from “Effect” tab.
c. The function of adding subtitles to output files will contribute to make your own videos.
You can use free software Subtitle Edit to edit your subtitle content then add it to output videos
5. Start converting Panasonic video.
This Video Converter for Panasonic will convert Panasonic recorded videos at top speed, you can choose rich formats for output, and now I can easily and successfully use Panasonic recorded footages to edit on Windows PC (Windows 8.1/8/7 included), and then upload on Youtube for sharing with your friends and family. It really do a great favor for me, if you have the same problems, you can take a try now! Good luck!
Need to convert more various formats, or convert DVD and blu-ray movies for backup or further playback? Pavtube iMedia Converter for Mac can help you to accomplish both of them. It is integrated software for converting different videos, DVDs and blu-ray discs. Good news to you that you can get 20% discount at Pavtube Christmas Giveaway. Go to get it now.
Find more related guides in Pavtube Panasonic Column:
- How to play stream mkv to PS3.html
- Convert DVD ISO on Plex
- Watch H.265 with zeiss vr one/
- Play H.265 HEVC on Xbox One 360/
- Import C300 MXF into FCP keeping multi audio
- How to put Blu-ray movies to Amazon fire TV
- Rip A 3D Blu-ray to 2d video for Playback by iPad
- Rip and transfer DVD films to Samsung Galaxy
- Convert Sony 3D MTS to 3D SBS MKV MP4
- Watch MKV on Zeiss VR One
- Play HEVC in windows media player/
- Play Sony 3D mts with SBS on 3d LG TV